Wondering how to reach your monthly sales targets? Here’s how I reach mine…
- “Which gets measured, improves.” This is so true. Measure your sales activities by choosing 3 main goals and monitor them closely throughout the year. Measure your prospecting times, new clients, and current client sales and then see how you can improve them.
- Maintain 3 times your quota in your pipeline. By monitoring your pipeline every day, you can see where you need to focus to stay on track.
- Always look for ways to improve your close rate. The better your close rate, the fewer leads you need. In this way you will reach your target faster.
- Improve the length of your sales process by following up more frequently. At the end of the day, you will spend less time on opportunities that aren’t real.
- Add a proposal to your client’s request. Let them know about products similar to the one’s they need or products that they can use along side the requested product. Anything you think they’d find valuable based on their request.
- Create your own leads group by reviewing your LinkedIn and/or social media connections and create a list of all the people who interact with potential clients and network with them.
- Ask and you will receive. Ask for more referrals, this is the easiest and cheapest way to get more business. Asking for at least 2 referrals per week, it will be more than enough.
- Don’t lose your persistence and do not take “no” for an answer. Stay persistent until you get a definitive “no thank-you”. When you get a definitive “no”, make a note to contact them again next quarter.
- Be consistent. Regardless of your role, you need new opportunities. Don’t allow anything to keep you from it. Follow up on marketing qualified leads, prospecting in a large account, and drop-by cold calling the count.
- If you enjoy what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life. If it is not fun, step back, have a look at step 1 to 9 and figure out what’s not working.
Go for it!!!