Work-life balance is a concept that refers to an employee’s efforts of splitting their time and energy between work and the other vital aspects of their lives.
It’s a daily effort to make time for family, friends, community participation, religiousness, personal growth, self-care, and other personal activities, in addition to the demands of the workplace.
Finding the balance between work and your personal life reduces the stress employees experience.
Tips for a better work-life balance:
- Step away from emails – Set a realistic time in the afternoon e.g. 8pm where you aren’t allowed to check your emails
- Work smarter not harder – find the more productive way to day to day projects
- Set your own rules – this tip goes hand in hand with planning
- Set manageable goals daily
- Communicate effectively
- Stay active
- Treat your body right – Eat healthy foods that will and nutrition to your body
- Limit time-wasting activities and people